Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Movie Theaters

Along the same lines as our restaurant endeavors, I have never taken my children to see a movie in a crowded theater.  Yes, my 5 and 3 year olds have never seen an overpriced movie on a HUGE screen.

We have done little apartment theaters.  The kind in luxury apartments that the tenants get to use their own DVDs in. I've taken my oldest to see a live performance in a theater, once.  My 3 year old not at all.

I think they might be old enough to sit in one seat for 45-60 minutes.  I'm just not sure I want to pay $28 to fail.  Sure, shame on me for not thinking they can do it.  I can't do it. I have to get up at least once to go potty. (I blame 2 pregnancies.) The sound is usually too loud, and my kids are shorter than the person that will inevitably sit in front of them.

This is totally my hang-up, but I enjoy watching them curl up with their pillows and blankets on the floor or too close to me and watch a movie.  If we have to get up to potty or dance, we can. We pause the movie and don't miss a thing.

Family Movie nights are better than a crowded theater any day!

No comments: