Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Joy of Shopping with Kids

Everytime I take the girls to the store, they want to go down the toys aisle...
Every time we go to the store, they was to touch everything at the cashier stand...
Every single time we go to the store,the girls make me crazy saying , I want, I need, buy this for me....

All lies. My 2 little girls are excellent in the store. Neither one crys when I say we aren't going to buy anything today. Neither of them screams about not getting to have a candy bar or a bottle of pink juice. 

How did I do it?

 It isn't what I did. It is what I didn't do. The very first store trip with the very first toddler. I didn't buy her anything. And the next time, I still didn't buy her anything. Since she never had otherwise, she gave up easily. Now, our store trips may have cranky attitudes or overtired children, but i don't have to deal with the gimmies. I love taking the girls to the stores, if I could just teach the short one to buckle her own seat belt, we'd be good to go!

No comments: