Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Menu Planning

I am a list maker.  I make lists.  I make lists of lists.  One of my lists is our menu plan.  I used to do it once a week and get 4 opinions for the weekly meals.  It worked great, so I got more adventurous.

I now make a month long menu plan.  Don't worry.  It is not as complicated as it sounds.  Fridays are Mexican Nights and Wednesday are Pasta Nights.  Tuesday are relegated to leftover.  Thursdays, however, are the best EVER!

Thursday Nights are Ginger's Choice.  She picks a recipe out of one of her cook books. Together we make sure she has everything she needs.  (We try to do this a week in advance.) She cooks it, getting help if she needs/wants it.  She cleans up her mess.  Thursday night is by far my FAVORITE night of the week.

I love having a 6 year old!

No comments: