We have started a one subject a day school this summer. Obviously, we don't take the summer off. We've actually managed to get more done when we concentrate on only one subject at a time.
School starts at 9 am each weekday. Each day has a subject that both of the girls work on. History and Science are the same and we work as a group. Math is leveled differently, but we still all sit down together, my attention divided. The only days I am having trouble with is the day I do Spelling with Ginger. I'm slowly trying to figure out how to entertain Sugar since Spelling is NOT something a student can do by herself.
We have been working on this schedule since mid-May and we are fully in the swing of it.
1) Prep time is easier on me. I usually have stuff ready and printed at least 8 lessons in the future for any given subject. I just pull out what I need for a day and we work on it.
2) The girls know what is expected of them. Tuesday is History and they know and therefore feel in control.
3) We finish a lesson every day. Sometimes Math gets carried over because there is just a lot of it.
Cons: (If you can even consider them cons.)
1) Everyday at 8:30 the girls start asking about school that day.
2) Yeah, I tried to come up with some, but I have none. I really like one subject a day school!